Monday, January 13, 2020

Cares


35 years ago, we lived in an old two-story home in the Brainerd area of Chattanooga.  Kathy and I had a bedroom downstairs with the two girls and two boys upstairs in bedrooms on either side of the stairway.  Our third child, Beth, was a little scardie cat.  I had to go with her upstairs each night and look under the bed, looking for who knows what and announce, “Nothing here.”  Then I had to look in the closet, looking for who knows what and announce again out loud the results of the search, “Nothing here either.”  Then I would retrieve the glow-in-the-dark key fob that I had earlier put up in the light fixture to power up.  Beth would cover her head up with the glowing fob inches away from her face.  I would reassure her that nothing could get upstairs without going past my bedroom, and I would absolutely protect her.  After this step-by-step procedure, she would relax and go to sleep.  The reason that she could relax was that she trusted her father.  She knew that I would protect her.  Hey, God must reassure us, His dear children, all the time.  Why do we worry and fret?!  Don’t we know that our Heavenly Father will take care of us?!  Of course we do!  But we just can’t let God be in control.  We must pick up the cares of this old world and worry about them ourselves.  The apostle Peter said it in I Peter 5:7, “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”  God is in control and He loves you.  Give Him your cares.  He can handle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment