Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Kada


My son-in-law, Eric was a K-9 officer for Hamilton County for several years.  His dog retired two years ago, and Eric bought her for $1 and she has been living the life of relaxation since then.  Well, almost.  Kada still thinks that she is “on duty.”  And she is so high-strung that she must be doing something all the time.  Chewing, fetching, or carrying; she must be active.  I’m not going to lie to you - when I go into Eric’s house where a former attack dog lives, I am a little bit nervous.  But she is well-behaved.  But when Eric is around, Kada keeps her eyes on him every second.  After two years of “off-duty”, she still looks to Eric for the next command.  Hey, are we like that with the Lord?  Are we seeking His pleasure? Are we waiting for His next command?  David loved the Lord and said in Psalm 34:8, “O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”

1 comment:

  1. Abbi says, "This is a good devotional to go with my book "God and Me". I like that this one talks about police officers because they save people's lives and God saves us."

    ReplyDelete