Monday, August 24, 2020

Aladdin's Lamp

 

I remember reading Aladdin’s Lamp as a kid.  This was before Robin Williams and the Disney production by the same name.  I remember thinking that if I were ever granted three wishes, I would use my last wish to ask for three more wishes.  How easy is that?  I don’t know why the movie Aladdin never figured that out, but I did as a kid.  I thought that I was pretty clever.  But you know, in I Kings 3, Solomon was granted a single wish by the Lord.  Solomon didn’t ask for long life.  He didn’t ask for victory in battle.  He didn’t ask for wealth, but he did ask for wisdom to rule over God’s people.  And because he made such an unselfish request (not like mine would have been) God granted that request AND gave him the other three in addition.  Hey, when we are unselfish, wonderful things happen!  Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”  Put God first in your life, and you’ll never be sorry that you did.  Solomon wasn’t sorry, and you won’t be sorry either.

No comments:

Post a Comment