Tuesday, August 4, 2020

We Need Light

In 1980 I began teaching at Calvary Christian School.  I was making $800 a month.  In order to make ends meet, I became the janitor at night.  Actually, it was quite peaceful once the kids went home.  Don’t get me wrong - I liked the kids, but I also liked the peace and quiet.  Sometimes I went home to spend time with my family and walked the one block back to school t clean up later.  But if I was working in the church auditorium, I had a hazard.  When the building was built, money was tight, so all of the light switches were up front near the breaker box.  So, when I came into the dark auditorium, I had to walk up the aisle, turn left, walk up 3 steps walk past the organ and finally turn the lights on.  All of this was done in the dark.  Invariably, I tripped over something - the front pew, the steps, or the organ corner.  The switches needed to be near the back door.  Hey, that’s the way it is in life.  We need the light of God’s Word to show us the dangers in the world.  David said in Psalm 119:105, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”  If I would have had a flashlight or a cellphone light, I could have seen the dangers that were hidden from my eyes.  How wonderful to have the light of God’s Word.  But the Bible is a book and needs to be read.  Hey, have you read from God’s Word today?  If not, close down facebook and read some verses from the Word of God.  It will do you good.  Real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment