Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Preparations


My wife likes thunderstorms.  She has an app on her iPad with rain and thunder that she likes to listen to at night.  If rain is just predicted, I have to open a bedroom window so that she can hear the rain that night.  She says that her dream would be to be in a hurricane.  I can’t believe her!  I went through a hurricane when I was ten years old in Maryland - IN A TRAILER!  It was exciting because we got out of school for a week, but it got boring real soon because we were out of electricity for a week.  Mom let us play with candles (under her watchful eye) at the dining room table at night.  I remember all of the preparations beforehand.  My parents had to save water in milk jugs and fill the bathtub.  We had to go to the grocery store to stock up on non-perishable food.  We had a cooler on the porch for milk, eggs, and butter.  My dad made sure that the car was full of gas.  But it’s interesting that all of these preparations had to be made BEFORE the storm arrived.  It was impossible to go out DURING the storm.  Hey, when you pass on into the next life, you must be prepared.  Once you close your eyes in death, it will be too late to make any preparations.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  You must make your preparations for eternity now while you can because a minute after death will be too late.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment