Monday, August 17, 2020

Misunderstanding

My hearing is not what it used to be.  I have tinnitus (ringing in the ear) due to nail guns - or just too many years on my ears.  Anyway, last night I knelt beside my dear wife’s recliner to kiss her good night.  I thought she said, “Give me a kiss” but actually she said, “I need a tissue”.  So, I smiled and puckered up ready for my good night kiss.  But she hesitated and I looked at her and she looked puzzled.  Then she said, “uh, I said I need a tissue.”  But after I gave her a tissue, I got my good night kiss.  Sometimes we think we hear one thing, but we heard wrong.  Hey, when you hear from God, you REALLY better hear right.  So, how do you know that you hear from God right?  Well, the best way to know that you are hearing from God right is that the words of God are written down.  So, to hear from God, read His Word, the Bible.  It’s as simple as that.  Peter said in II Peter 1:21, “For the prophecy (the Scriptures) came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”  The Bible is not the words of humans; the Bible is the written Words of God.  Read it.  Study it.  Live your life by it.  It’s good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment