Sunday, August 16, 2020

Guarantee

Friday started out bad … and it got worse.  I got to Lowe’s and bought two pieces of ¾” plywood and had to load it myself.  A lady had mercy on me and asked to help, but I was too macho to let her (That’s what I get for being too proud).  And then my truck wouldn’t start.  I have been meaning to get my starter replaced, so I guess this morning was the time.  A shout-out to the redneck in the silver Dodge who gave me a jump.  After 2 hours and $220 I was ready to roll.  I worked for a few hours and left for home.  I stopped by Lowe’s to get three boards for tomorrow but, … the truck wouldn’t start again (new starter and all).  Another redneck in a white Ford gave me a jump.  I was off to Advance Auto to get the battery tested/replaced.  “Eric” tested the battery and told me that it had a bad cell (which I already knew).  But after a computer search, Eric discovered that I had bought the three-year-warrantee battery just eight months ago.  I signed the receipt and had a new $159 battery installed FOR FREE!  Guarantees are great!  Hey, I’m glad that I am guaranteed a home in heaven when I die.  And it’s not limited to three years, it’s a lifetime guarantee!  And I’m sure that the guarantee will be honored because the guarantor is none other than Jesus Christ Himself.  And He will never fail!  Jesus Himself said in John 6:37, “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”  I don’t have to hold on for my salvation because I am not the one who guarantees it; Jesus does!  And I don’t have to keep up with the paperwork, because my name is recorded in The Lamb’s Book of Life in heaven.  Hallelujah!  Now that’s a good deal!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment