Saturday, August 15, 2020

Free Adoption

Two of my five grandchildren are adopted.  I am so glad that there were two mothers who chose adoption over abortion, and because of their brave decision, I have two lovely grandchildren.  I was present in the courtroom when each of those adoptions were final.  They were both emotional moments.  But as I recall those adoptions, I noticed that the children paid nothing.  The parents paid the lawyer’s fees, home inspections, court costs … everything, but the children paid nothing.  Hey, that’s how I got into God’s forever family.  God paid for my redemption with the sacrifice of His dear Son on the cross of Calvary.  A tremendous price was paid for my freedom from sin.  But I paid nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Nil.  EVERYTHING was paid by my heavenly Father.  Paul said in Gal 4:4&5, “But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.”  By me accepting God’s offered salvation, I became a child of God … for free!  But, just as there is no such thing as a free lunch, there is no such thing as free salvation.  I may get a “free lunch”, but someone has to pay for it in order for it to be free for me.  And my salvation is free to me, but it was paid for with the precious blood of Jesus Christ.  And that free gift of salvation is offered to you as well.  Hey, won’t you accept the free gift of salvation?  If you have any questions, message me.  Do it right now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment