Thursday, August 13, 2020

Wait on the Lord

 

I should have had three Vacation Bible Schools this summer, but because of the Covid outbreak, I didn’t.  I should have had a mission trip to Romania this fall, but because of the Covid outbreak, I didn’t.  My dear wife had triple by-pass surgery on April 20 and I should have been with her to see her through her recovery, but because of the Covid outbreak, I didn’t.  Have you had things that were put on hold because of the Covid outbreak?  I’m sure you have many.  You may have children who had to finish the school year online.  You have had teenagers that you know who didn’t have a graduation.  There might have been weddings with only ten people to witness the special occasion.  There could have been deaths with no one there to hold a loved one’s hand.  Everything has slowed to a crawl and life has been reduced to Netflix and Uno games.  But really, isn’t that what life should be about?  Shouldn’t we take the time to look across the dining room table into the eyes of our children and grandchildren?  David said in Psalm 27:14, “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”  Hey, don’t be frustrated in this new Covid world; let the good Lord use this time in your life.  Wait on the Lord and be of good courage!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment