Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Under a Log

I have some wood in my back yard saved for a weenie roast someday.  But it’s too hot to burn anything, so I’ll just have to wait for fall.  The other day I was mowing and moved a piece of wood that had been there a long time.  A whole microcosm of creatures was underneath.  A little brown salamander scurried for cover.  A colony of ants were suddenly uncovered.  Each one grabbed up an egg and began looking for an escape route.  Rolly Polly bugs ran for the tall grass nearby.  Within a minute, all the creatures that had been living under the log had melted into any available cover.  If I could have spoken to them, they would have been terrified.  An ant would have said, “A giant tornado ripped off the top of our house and it was all I could do to save the children!”  The brown salamander might have said, “I was minding my own business eating lunch when suddenly, the blazing sun was scorching me.  I barely escaped with my life!”  Hey, how do we react to life’s tragedies?  What do we think when our world is disrupted with hurricane Isaias or Covid-19?  David said in Psalm 27:1, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”  After our initial terror, we should flee to the Lord.  For He ALONE is our strength and refuge.  Hey, trust in God.  He has everything under control and will even use tragedies for our benefit and for His glory.  You can count on the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment