Sunday, August 30, 2020

The Bible

 


I memorize Scripture.  I have a stack of memory cards downstairs that is 4” tall.  It used to be easy to review my verses, but lately, I have had to work on them more and more just to keep up.  Old age has its disadvantages.  But yesterday I was thinking about those verses.  The Bible wasn’t written for information; the Bible was written to change my life.  Those cards are not to be studied; those cards are to make a difference in the way that I live my life every day.  David said in Psalm 119:11, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”  Hey, is the Bible just a book to you, or is the Bible the life-changing words of the living God?  Read it.  Meditate (reflect) on it.  Love it.  Make the Bible a part of your life - every day.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment