Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Door

Last Thursday, Kathy and I were in town for two doctors’ appointments. But the first was over and done in ten minutes. I know! Amazing! So we had an hour to kill before the next appointment. We could have gone home, which would have taken twenty minutes, and then thirty minutes back to the next appointment. What a waste of time. But I remembered that I needed to go to church to retrieve my two-wheel dolly. But when I got to church, I realized that I didn’t have my church keys with me. They were in my truck at home. So I walked around Andrews Annex looking for an unlocked window. And, sure enough, I found one. As I slid the window open and slipped one leg inside pushing the mini blinds aside, I looked around to make sure that no one was watching. I know that I looked like a thief sneaking in, and me looking around didn’t help my case. Hey, Jesus spoke of a thief trying to sneak into heaven. Jesus said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” If you have a key, you can go in and out of the building by the front door. But if you are a thief, you sneak into the building by an unlocked window in the back. Hey, If you get into heaven, it will be because you got in through Jesus Christ. You won’t get into heaven by sneaking in by your good works or your water baptism. To get into God’s heaven, you much get in God’s way - through Jesus Christ. He’s the ONLY way!

No comments:

Post a Comment