Friday, August 14, 2020

Hurry Up

I was about eight years old and it was Christmas Eve.  My dad’s Brother, Uncle Grayson, had stopped by to visit us with his wife and kids.  But I was in bed waiting for Santa to come, and here Uncle Gray was, hanging around when Santa was expected momentarily.  What if Santa came by and he saw all of these people sitting in our living room?  He would probably leave, and I would miss out on his visit.  These were the thoughts of my eight-year-old mind.  I couldn’t wait for Santa to come!  Hey, are we as adults that excited about the second coming of Jesus Christ?  Are we anxiously awaiting for Him to come?  Jesus DID say that He was coming back, and that we should be prepared.  But are we?  Are we really watching for His coming?  Jesus said in Revelation 22:20, “He (Jesus) which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.”  And then the old apostle John finished the verse, “Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”  John was excited for Jesus to come back again, and he thought that it would be very soon.  But that was two thousand years ago!  Hey, Jesus REALLY is going to come again, and quickly!  Are you excited to see Him?  I certainly am!  Can you say with me, “Hurry up Jesus; we can’t wait to see you!”?  I hope you can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment