Saturday, August 22, 2020

The Real You

Who is the real you?  Are you what you think about yourself?  Not really.  Are you who others think about you?  No again, but you’re getting close.  The real you is what you think that others think about you.  We are constantly living to please others - or at least trying to please others.  When I was in the fourth grade, I thought that I had skinny arms.  And all I had to wear were short-sleeved shirts.  So I wore this hideous multi-colored sweater every day to school over my short-sleeved shirts to cover my (perceived) skinny arms.  I thought others thought that my arms were skinny.  But EVERY fourth-grade boy has skinny arms!  That ugly sweater probably looked much worse than my (perceived) skinny arms.  But that is what I thought others thought.  But no one ever mentioned my skinny arms to me.  Hey, God made me exactly how He wanted me to be - skinny arms and all.  And God made you exactly the way that He wanted you to be.  He made you for a special purpose, and that is to glorify God.  God gets glory in using weak people.  Paul said it best in I Corinthians 1:26-29, “For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.”  When a great person speaks eloquently, people are in awe, but when an ordinary person speaks eloquently about the good Lord above, people are amazed, and God gets the glory!  So, God is looking for ordinary people to speak to others of Him.  God might even be looking for people with skinny arms.  Who knows who God can use?  May be even you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment