Friday, November 13, 2020

A Mother's Love

 


A mother’s love is just about the most perfect love that there is.  She will do, and give, and make excuses, for her children to a fault.  She will put up with things that no human being should put up with.  And she will think nothing of it.  My family was visiting my mother in Maryland years ago.  I ran out to the car, jumped in, and took off.  When I returned, my wife met me at the front door with a look of panic.  She said, “When you left, you drove over your mother’s cat.  It’s dead.”  I was shocked and embarrassed.  I went inside, apologizing to my mother.  But she said (matter-of-factly), “Oh, it’s not your fault.  Flo Flo shouldn’t have been sitting in front of the tire.”  I killed her cat, and she was making excuses for me!  Solomon got it right in Proverbs 4:3, “For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.”  Solomon knew that King David, his father, loved him.  But Solomon knew that Bathsheba, his mother, loved him even more.  Hey, there is a love that surpasses the love of a mother!  God loves you even more than your mother loves you.  Fiercely, tenderly, and unwaveringly.  Hey, do you love God right back?  Don’t forget Him at the upcoming Christmas season.  He won’t forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment