Thursday, November 5, 2020

Tight Shoes

 


I have a pair of shoes that I hate … and I have worn them every week for fifteen years.  Let me explain.  I have a pair of burgundy, dress oxford shoes that are just a little bit too tight for my feet.  But I have a “Sunday morning” suit that I wear only once a week and those shoes are the only ones that go with my suit, so I wear them every week.  And since they are worn only once a week, they have lasted forever.  I have had those ill-fitting dress shoes for fifteen years.  The only thing good about my shoes is how good my feet feel when I take off my shoes.  But before you laugh at me, aren’t you the same way about many things in life?  Don’t you know that you need more exercise?  Are you exercising each day?  Don’t you know that you need to lose a few pounds?  Are you dieting faithfully?  Do you carry a balance on your credit card?  Are you not paying it off?  You see, the key to making a change is not KNOWING, but DOING.  It’s not enough to KNOW that you need to make a change, you must DO something to make that change happen.  Hey, what about your spiritual life?  Do you read your Bible like you should?  Do you pray like you should?  Do you give like you should?  The apostle James said in James 1:22, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”  Don’t be like me and my tight-fitting shoes.  Don’t live with regrets.  Just do the right thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment