Saturday, November 14, 2020

Parking Ticket

 


When Kathy and I were first married, money was tight.  I took classes at college and worked the afternoon shift and my wife taught kindergarten and watched our children.  But we were young and didn’t need much sleep.  :<)  One day, I went to Erlanger Hospital to donate blood for $15.  I didn’t want to pay for parking, so I drove a block away and walked to the hospital.  There was a “No Parking” sign on the street, but everyone else was parking there, so I did too.  When I got back from donating blood, all the other cars were gone except my car and it had a parking ticket under the windshield wiper blade.  The night nurses knew to leave before the meter maid came around, and the only car left was mine.  I had to pay a $10 parking fine.  So much for my money-making idea.  Hey, I got the ticket and I was guilty.  Everyone else knew how to avoid a ticket, but that was no excuse for me.  I got caught.  That’s the same with my spiritual life.  I can make excuses and blame other people, but in the end, MY sin is MY responsibility. Paul said in Romans 3:10, “… There is none righteous, no, not one.”  Others may be guilty, but that’s no excuse for me.  I am guilty MYSELF!  Hey, what about you.  Will you take responsibility for your sin?  Trust Jesus and let Him take your sin for you.  What a great bargain: give Jesus your sin and He gives you His eternal life!  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment