Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Second Driver's License

In 2015 I renewed my Georgia CDL driver’s license.  But when I got it in the mail a week later, the clerk had misspelled my last name.  I knew the error would be a problem when I traveled overseas, so I went back to the Georgia DMV and explained the problem.  After filling out a form, I submitted the paperwork.  In a week, I got another Georgia driver’s license spelled correctly.  But they never collected the misspelled one.  The following spring in Romania, I was pulled over for “an illegal driving move”.  I had swerved to avoid a huge pothole and had “recklessly” crossed the yellow line.  The Romanian police was attempting to extort a bribe.  The officer said firmly in broken English while shaking his finger at me, “I could send your license to Bucharest and you would have to travel 600 kilometers to get it back!”  I shrugged and said, “Fine.  Do it.”  The officer was caught off guard by my indifference and let me go.  I was bold because I had given him my duplicate misspelled driver’s license.  Unknown to him, I had a spare.  Hey, we can face spiritual attacks with boldness.  The Creator of the universe has our back!  David said in Psalm 118:6, “The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?”  Don’t be afraid, God is right there with you.  Stand behind the good Lord and let Him fight for you!  If you belong to God, He will take care of you because you are His own precious child.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment