Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Finish Well

 


I grew up in Joppa, Maryland fifty miles from our nation’s capital, but I only went to Washington D.C. three times.  But since moving to Tennessee 53 years ago, I have visited Washington many times.  When I was in middle school, my family walked up the 898 steps in the Washington monument.  Thankfully, we rode the elevator down.  The Washington Monument is 555 feet, five inches tall.  A third of the way up, the color of the marble changes.  Work was halted in 1854 when funds ran low.  Work resumed in 1879, but the stone couldn’t be matched.  The Washington monument was completed in 1884 with two shades of marble blocks.  Hey, have you ever started a project and not completed it?  It’s easy to start a project.  Finishing a project, well, that’s much harder.  King Solomon was a finisher.  I Kings 7:51, “So was ended all the work that king Solomon made for the house of the LORD. And Solomon brought in the things which David his father had dedicated; even the silver, and the gold, and the vessels …”  Solomon not only built the Temple for the Lord, he FINISHED it!  What a wonderful legacy.  I want to finish my life well.  I want to complete the task that the Lord has given me to do.  So, what about you?  Have you stumbled in your race of life?  If you have, get back up and continue on.  Don’t quit; keep going.  Finish what the Lord has given you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment