Sunday, November 22, 2020

Coca Cola

 


In 1968, I worked at Coca Cola in the afternoons loading retail trucks.  I went to college in the mornings and worked the afternoon shift.  By the way, when I graduated, I had no student loan debt, but that’s another story.  In the spring and summer months, retail stores sold much more product, so the drivers emptied their trucks by early afternoon and came back for another half load.  Then they returned that evening after a long day.  But us loaders still had to refill their trucks for the next morning.  We had forklifts for some of the order, but we had to build pallets with odds and ends of the various drinks that Coke sold.  Up front in the factory, we could buy tokens at ten for a dollar to get drinks out of the cooler.  But when they were running the little returnable bottles of Coca Cola on the line, I would get one right as it was being bottled, and wow were they good!  The liquid was bottled just at freezing to maximize the carbonation.  One of the operators told me that I would get tired of drinking Cokes.  But I never did.  I could drink ten a shift, five days a week, all year long!  Hey, are you like that about reading God’s Holy Word, the Bible?  Do you love to read it?  Or have you gotten used to it?  Are you over the thrill of reading the precious words that God Himself wrote?  I hope not!  David said in Psalm 19:9&10, “… the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.”  Are the Words of God sweeter than honey to you?  They should be.  Never get tired of reading the Bible.  Read the Bible with renewed reverence and awe.  Respect it and love it.  It’s good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment