Saturday, November 7, 2020

Promoter or Stuntman?

 


Greyson got into my truck this morning and announced that he was a promoter.  I asked, “What is a promoter?”  Greyson replied, “Well, it’s sort of like a middleman.”  He went on, “I hired Maddox as my stuntman.  I paid Maddox ten dollars to jump off the top of the big slide, and he did it!”  I asked, “Where did you get the ten dollars from?”  Greyson answered, “I sold tickets to the kids to watch him do it.  Some of the kids asked if they could give me dimes, but I said no, they had to pay with dollar bills.  I didn’t want to have to carry around a bunch of change.”  I asked, “Well, how much money did you make?”  Greyson answered, “Twenty dollars.  I made ten and Maddox made ten.  I’ve got other stuntmen lined up too.”  Greyson said, “Maddox discovered that he was a stuntman the other night when he rode his bicycle into a mailbox.  He smashed his face, but he didn’t even care.”  But I’m thinking the second grade had better watch out.  I’m not sure who is more dangerous, Maddox or Greyson.

No comments:

Post a Comment