Sunday, November 8, 2020

Carved

 


I have always been adventurous.  I still am, except now I realize many of the terrible things that could happen, so I am a little more cautious.  Just a little.  When I was a boy, I enjoyed climbing trees in the woods behind our house.  I would climb to the top of smaller saplings and swing over to get to the lower limbs of taller trees and then up into the canopy.  From the tops of the big trees, I thought that I could see forever.  I would find the highest hill that I could, climb the tallest tree on that hill, and use my pocketknife to carve my name in the top of the tree.  When that tree is cut down for timber, I can only imagine the surprise of the lumberjack who finds my name and the date carved in the top of that tree!  But my name is carved in a much more fantastic place.  The dear Lord has written my name on the palm of His own hand so that He will NEVER forget me!  God said in Isaiah 49:15&16, “Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands …”  Wow!  Just to think that the Creator of the universe remembers my name!  Oh, how he loves me!  Hey, is your name carved into the hand of God?  Do you belong to Him?  I hope you do, for He loves you so much!  Why not accept the dear Lord’s gift of salvation while He is calling to you?  Do it now without delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment