Friday, November 6, 2020

The Inside

 


About ten years ago I was driving home at night and I needed a snack.  It was late, so I drove through Krystal’s and bought two Krystal Chicks and a sweet tea.  I bit into the first one and thought that I tasted mayonnaise.  That was curious.  I didn’t think that Krystal put mayonnaise on their sandwiches.  So at the next streetlight, I looked at the sandwich and noticed that it was raw on the inside.  Now I can handle a medium rare steak, but I can’t handle raw chicken at all!  The chicken looked fine on the outside, but it was nasty on the inside!  My wife uses a toothpick to test the inside of her cake.  It may look done on the outside, but it must be done on the inside too.  Hey, what about your spiritual life?  You may look like a fine Christian on the outside, but are you a fine Christian on the inside too?  Jesus said in Matthew 23:28, “… ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.”



How about your heart?

Is it right with God?

Would you ask Christ in today?

Is it black with sin?

Or have peace within?

Would you ask Christ in to stay?



People often see you

As you are outside

Jesus really knows you

For He sees inside



How about your heart?

Is it right with God?

That's the thing that count today.

No comments:

Post a Comment