Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Argument


I am a stubborn man.  There, I’ve said it right out loud for everyone to hear.  Last night, my wife and I were discussing (arguing) about something, and I got louder and louder.  The problem was that we were on our way to church!  I knew that she was right, but I just didn’t want to admit it.  My point was weak, so I got louder to make my weak point stronger, but it just didn’t work.  I just didn’t want to listen to what my dear wife was saying.  It was last night that I realized that I never get too old for advice.  Hey, King Solomon said in Proverbs 15:10, “Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.”  And in this verse, Solomon uses serious words and phrases: “grievous”, “hateth”, and “shall die”.  And if Solomon would have been in the car last night, I would have raised my voice to him if he had used those words on me.  That’s because last night, I didn’t like correction and I didn’t like reproof.  Hey, today, before you chew out someone who is giving you advice, stop and think.  Ask yourself, “Are they right?”  Then react accordingly. Verse 33 says, “The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.”  Powerful words.  Powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment