Friday, April 29, 2022

Don't Fret the Mess


Proverbs 14:4, “Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox.” The modern translation of this verse is, “A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind.”  Yes, when I am doing work, my desk gets messy.  So, about once a month, I go through my “piling system” and reduce the attack to a workable level.  I have been working on the details of my aunt’s estate.  And I have so many papers and files and that I have spread the paperwork out on my bed.  I am so afraid of losing a detail that I have just decided to sleep in the spare bedroom for a while.  Solomon said it right, if you want a clean barn, don’t have any oxen in it making manure.  But if you want your crops plowed and harvested, you need oxen.  Just learn to put up with the mess.  If you are going to have children and raise them right, you will have a messy house.  Harmon Killebrew told about the time he was playing baseball in the front yard with his father and his brother. His mom came out to tell them that it was time for dinner and fussed at them for tearing up the grass. “We’re not raising grass,” his father replied, “we’re raising boys.”  And that’s just another translation of our verse.  Hey, clutter happens.  Just clean it up once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment