Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Make or Grow


I like to make things.  Mostly wood, but always “made”.  I am using two 40-pound propane tanks to make a smoker … but out of steel, not wood.  I like making big pergolas and small wooden nativity sets.  I like to make mantles for fireplaces and cradles for babies.  But, I have never tried to make an apple.  Nor have I ever tried to make a grape.  You see some things you just cannot make; they have to be grown.  It takes an apple tree to grow an apple and it takes a grape vine to grow a grape.  Paul spoke about the “works” of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21, but then he spoke about the fruit of the Spirit in verses 22&23, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”  Hey, I can make many things all by myself, but only the Holy Spirit can produce spiritual fruit in my life.  So, how about you?  Are you working hard and not producing spiritual fruit?  Well, just stop, rest in the Lord, and let Him do the work.  It’ll be easier for you, and … well,  it just works.

No comments:

Post a Comment