Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Late


I woke up unusually refreshed this morning.  That’s because I woke up 45 minutes late!  I shook my dear wife awake, called the dialysis center, and told them we were late (which they already knew).  I had a busy day yesterday and went to bed tired.  I took my cellphone to the bedroom, put it on the charger, set the alarm for 4 am, but forget to click “save”.  Hey, it didn’t matter that I had my phone nearby in the bedroom.  It didn’t matter that I had charged my phone.  And it didn’t matter that I had set my alarm.  If I didn’t click “save” nothing worked at 4 am.  It’s like a chain.  If one link fails, the entire chain fails.  The old adage is true, “a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.”  Hey, trusting in Jesus Christ for your eternal life is the key.  You may be a good person.  You may be a good parent.  You may be an honest, hardworking employee.  You may check all of the boxes that you have done the right things, but if you never trust in Jesus as your Savior, you have missed it all.  Jesus Himself said in Mark 8:36, “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”  Hey, being a good citizen, a good worker, and a good parent are all important, but don’t neglect the most important thing: you need to click “save”..  Don’t neglect Jesus Christ; only He can “save” you.

No comments:

Post a Comment