Thursday, April 28, 2022

Free Parking


I drove downtown last week to see a lawyer and had to park in a nearby parking garage.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ticket dispenser was not working, so I got to park for free!  That saved me three dollars (which was chump-change compared what I had to pay for the lawyer’s fifteen minutes).  Hey, have you ever been pleasantly surprised?  Feels good, doesn’t it?  When I think back to the bargain that I got when I trusted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I am thrilled beyond measure!  Oh, I knew I was making the right decision when I did, but as the years rolled on, the goodness of the dear Lord just kept unfolding.  What a bargain I had made without realizing it!  Paul said in Romans 11:33, “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!”  We can never exhaust the depths of God’s ways and God’s love!  It’s like free parking … forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment