Friday, April 8, 2022

Seminar


Life is a series of learning experiences.  I used to think that once I finished high school, I wouldn’t have to learn anything new.  But then there was college.  And then there was marriage.  And then there were children.  I am learning more and working harder at 72 than I ever did when I was fifteen in high school!  I really believe that this life is the “dress rehearsal” for the real thing: heaven.  And in this life, I believe that God signs us up for “seminars” to help us learn.  We go through trials and testing to make us more like our Lord.  But if we fail to learn; if we fail to listen; God must take us through the same seminar again, and again, and … well, you understand.  Hey, if you don’t want to go through a trial again, why not try to learn what God is teaching you the first time so that you don’t have to go through it again!  You’ll be happy and God will be happy!  Peter went through testing at the crucifixion of Jesus.  And Peter wrote in I Peter 1:7, “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.”  Hey, I want to pass my test; don’t you?!  Then learn what the Lord is trying to teach you.  Pass the test.  Move on to another seminar … with the dear Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment