Monday, April 4, 2022

Bad Habits


When I went into the dialysis center this morning, the Three Stooges were on the TV in the lobby.  It has been years since I have seen those slapstick clowns!  When I was a kid, my three brothers and I were banned from watching the Three Stooges.  That was because we learned bad habits watching their antics.  I would slap my brother like Moe, and he would mock me back like Larry.  Then I would ask my other brother to pick two fingers, and I would poke him in the eyes with the two fingers that he had just picked.  Often, he would block me just like Curley blocked Moe and give that silly “Nuck, nuck, nuck” laugh.  Hey, I learned bad habits from the silly TV shows that I watched as a kid.  But I can learn bad habits as an adult as well.  It’s easy watch others taking the easy road with lies and short-cuts at work and learn their bad habits.  It’s harder to be honest and hard-working.  Paul said in Ephesians 6:5&6, “Servants (employees), be obedient to them that are your masters (bosses) according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.”  It’s easy to be “menpleasers” and not to be “the servants of Christ”.  Wow!  What a difference!  Hey, don’t follow the rest of the workforce and learn bad habits; follow the Biblical example in Ephesians and work as if Jesus Christ were your boss … because He is!  Give a good day’s work for a good day’s wages.  You’ll be glad that you did … and so will your boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment