Sunday, April 10, 2022

Short-Sheeted Bed



My second year in college I jumped into bed late one night and was startled.  I couldn’t get into the bed!  My bed had been “short-sheeted”!  A prankster roommate had remade my bed, and the joke was on me.  The top sheet is tucked under the pillow to look like the bottom sheet, and the bottom of the top sheet is folded up onto the pillow.  Then the full-length blanket is spread out on top of the “short-sheeted” top sheet to disguise the trick.  The two ends of the top sheet look like the bottom sheet and the top sheet, but they are the same sheet … only folded half size.  That was the first time that I was short-sheeted, but I have used it many times since.  Now you can too.  Hey, Isaiah said that God would make things uncomfortable for His backslidden people, like a short-sheeted bed!  Isaiah 28:20, “For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.”  If you have ever slept in a short bed or been cold because of a short blanket, you understand what this verse is saying.  God loves you too much to let you become comfortable with sin.  Hey, don’t let your sin “short-sheet” you!  Come clean with God.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment