Saturday, April 9, 2022

Packaging


I get frustrated with packaging.  The other day I was at Chick fil-A and my wife got a mac & cheese.  But it was like a WWE wrestling match just to get the spoon out of the plastic wrapper.  Please, please make cheaper wrappers.  The same problem Tuesday with frosted flakes.  I managed to open the box, but the plastic inner wrapper … well it was another WWE smackdown.  I understand, the company doesn’t want the product to spill out with inferior wrapping, but can’t they make the seal on the end a little weaker?!  This morning, it was the foil wrapper on the cream cheese.  But wait, I think I see a pattern here.  The problem may be that I am getting weaker and not the packaging getting stronger.  Hey, my physical body is the packaging for my soul.  And I am glad that, although my physical body is getting weaker (my “packaging”), my soul is renewed every day.  And someday, very soon, this physical body will be peeled off my soul, and I will go to be with my dear Lord in heaven.  And God will have no problem getting Gerald Whitely’s “packaging” off of the real Gerald Whitely.  Paul said in his classic passage on “packaging” in I Corinthians 15:53,54, “For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”  Praise the Lord for the victory found in the resurrection of Jesus Christ!  And when I am called home, unlike me, God will have no problem with my “packaging”.

No comments:

Post a Comment