Monday, April 11, 2022

Temporary Name


I have learned the hard way that “son” is a temporary name for me: I have said goodbye to my mother and father.  I have learned that “brother” is also temporary because I have lost a brother.  “Cousin”, “grandson”, and many more names are temporary.  But one name that I have is not temporary.  A “child of God” is a permanent name that I will never lose!  The old apostle John, put it so clearly in I John 5:11-13, “And this is the record (like a birth certificate), that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know (a for-sure thing) that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”  I am a “Child of the King” as the song goes.  And that name will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment