Sunday, April 24, 2022

Jesus Is My Friend


A man took his son to an amusement park and bought a string of tickets for the rides.  He told his son, “I’ll just sit here on this bench and hold your tickets so you won’t lose them.  When you want some more, stop by and I’ll give them to you.”  The boy ran off to enjoy one of the rides.  A few minutes later, a little boy showed up in front of the man and said, “May I have some tickets please?”  The man answered, “Well, I do have tickets, but not for you because you aren’t my son.”  The boy was looking puzzled when the man’s son walked up and said, “Johnny, did you get any tickets?”  Johnny answered, “No.”  The man’s son then said to the man, “Johnny is my friend, and I just ran into him, and I told him to come and get some tickets from you so that we could go together on another ride.”  The man said, “Oh.  Here are some tickets for both of you.  Go and have fun.  But if Johnny had mentioned your name, I would have given him as many tickets as he wanted, because he is your friend.”  John 16:23, “… Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.”  When we come to God, the Father, and ask for something, we should pray, “In Jesus’ name”.  The Father will give us what we ask because of He will give anything for His Son.  Praying in “Jesus’ name” is not just a gimmick that we tack onto the end of our prayers.  Praying in Jesus’ name unlocks all that the Father has promised to His Son, because we belong to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment