Sunday, April 3, 2022

Stain


There are many problems with growing old: aching knees, can’t sleep at night, tired all day, poor eyesight, poorer hearing, … shall I go on?!  But today, I noticed thin skin.  Now, up to now, I have been accused of being “thick-skinned”, but not anymore.  I banged my hand working out in the driveway and bled like a stuck pig (If you have never butchered a pig in the fall, you have no idea what I am talking about).  Anyway, I grabbed the handkerchief out of my hip pocket and wrapped it around my hand to stop the bleeding.  Then I went inside to get a band-aid.  I told my wife (to get some sympathy) and she cautioned me about the bloodstain on my white handkerchief.  She explained, “Blood stains.  You have to soak the handkerchief in cold water overnight.”  I got out a plastic pan, added cold water, and the handkerchief.  The next morning, the water was reddish and the handkerchief was reddish too.  Then I put the handkerchief in the washer with the white clothes with detergent, fabric softener, and bleach.  An hour later, the handkerchief came out clean as the new-fallen snow!  Hey, that is exactly the opposite of my dirty, black sins.  My heart was stained with sins, but the precious blood of Jesus cleaned my black sins and made my heart white as snow!  Isaiah 1:18, “… though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”  Unlike the blood on my handkerchief, the blood of Jesus Christ REMOVED the stain of sin from my heart!  And the blood of Jesus can do the same for your heart.  Trust Jesus.  Let His blood cleanse your heart.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment