Saturday, October 1, 2022

Light and Darkness


The other day, I was working out in the driveway because I could see much better in the bright sunlight.  But when I went into the garage to get a 9/16” wrench, I had to wait a minute for my eyes to adjust to the dim light.  After my eyes adjusted to the low light, I looked in my gray toolbox for the wrench, picked it up, and walked back outside … were again I couldn’t see for a minute.  But this time I had to wait for my eyes to adjust to the bright light!  Light and darkness are used in the Bible to visualize good and evil.  Hey, most evil things are done under cover of darkness.  It’s rare to hear of a theft in “broad daylight”.  John 3:19, “… light (Jesus Christ) is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.”  If you are born again into God’s forever family, you don’t mind the light of openness when it’s shined upon your life.  But if your deeds are evil, you like to hide your deeds in the darkness of secrecy.  The old apostle John said in I John 1:7, “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”  Well said, John.  Well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment