Thursday, October 27, 2022

Connected


 

Yesterday I spoke in chapel at Calvary Christian School.  I had a PowerPoint with embedded songs and video clips from the Kingfisher bird.  But when I turned on my amp, the power light didn’t come on.  I suspected the little white 16-gauge extension cord, so I bypassed it and plugged my amp directly into the big orange cord, but my amplifier still didn’t work.  My computer was on and working, so it had to be the amp.  I had a half hour before the children arrived, and I was getting frustrated.  I turned on the church sound system but was unfamiliar with it.  It has a 16 input board, preamp, equalizer, wireless mike inputs ... after another twenty minutes, I got it working.  Praise the Lord!  I had sound!  But, when I turned on the projector, it wasn’t working either.  A curious coincidence.  So, I followed the big orange extension cord to the outlet … and it was unplugged.  After I plugged it in, amazingly, my amp and my projector both worked.  The computer had been working on battery power.  Hey, it helps to plug into the power source.  Which brings me to my point: it helps to plug into the spiritual power source.  The old apostle John said in John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”  Because of the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ on Calvary, God’s power to be born again is available to each of us!  Salvation is the gift of God and has the power to redeem us.  Hey, I was glad to plug into the outlet with my amplifier, and you’ll be glad that you connected with God’s unlimited spiritual power.  Yes, you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment