Sunday, October 23, 2022

Disappointment

 


In 1980, we went through a difficult time at church.  We had a dear pastor who had started the church and had been there for many years.  He felt that it was time for him to move, so he resigned and took a church in Florida.  The congregation called a new man who seemed to be doing a good job.  But things went sour, and a church split ensued.  God used that difficult time to move me to a different church/school where I was challenged to follow the Lord much closer.  The friends that I met and the contacts that were made changed my life.  I kept in contact with most of the folk at the old church and kept relationships friendly.  But I was surprised when I called an older saint to check on him.  He and his wife weren’t going to church at all.  He said, “I still love the Lord, but I am just tired of church people.”  As a young man, I was disappointed in the older Christian.  Oh, I have had my share of church disappointments, but God has never disappointed me.  People have let me down, but God has never let me down!  Paul said in I Thessalonians 2:4, “But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”  We should seek to please the dear Lord.  He will never disappoint.  Men may fail us, but God will never fail us!

No comments:

Post a Comment