Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Help Is on the Way


 

My wife’s rehab is located in the old Hutcheson Hospital in Ft. Oglethorpe, GA.  The owners lease out portions of the building to various medical groups, Parkside Rehab being one of them.  After 6 pm the front doors are locked, and I have to go in and out through the emergency room.  So, tonight when I went through the emergency room into the hallway, I heard someone calling out for help.  I followed the voice to the women’s restroom door where I found a transfer wheelchair and a weak voice inside calling out, “Help!”  I went back into the emergency room, up to the nurse’s station and said, “There is a lady in the restroom calling for help.”  The two nurses nonchalantly replied, “Oh, we know.  Thanks.”  So, the lady was probably an elderly patient who was just needy.  I retraced my steps and was almost to the stairwell when I heard the nurses behind me tending to the patient.  How sad to need help and not to get it.  How sad to be indifferent to the needs of others.  How sad to know someone needs help and not be able to help them.  Hey, we are all in need of God’s help.  Some folk cry out while other folk are indifferent.  Still other folk want to help but have no preparation to be of any help.  Jesus said in John 16:33, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”  Hey, we will have trouble.  But cheer up!  Jesus Christ has overcome the world and Jesus Christ will meet your needs!  You can call out to Him for Help, and He will hear, and He will answer.  Yes, He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment