Thursday, October 6, 2022

Customer Service

 


I bought an old Craftsman planer/joiner on Facebook Market.  It was a bargain, but the knives were dull.  The former owner had sharpened the three knives with a grinder.  Not good.  Xpert Die in Dalton (20 miles away) had a five-star rating, and I soon found out why.  The counterman was courteous and helpful.  I got the three knives sharpened with a quick turnaround for only $12.  When I went to pick up my planer knives, I took four of my old sawblades with me.  Again, the counterman was helpful.  I buy Freud sawblades at Home Depot for $49.95 plus tax, but Xpert Die would sharpen them for $16 each, tax included.  And with sixty teeth on each blade, it was a bargain!  When I got them back yesterday, they had my name embossed on the blade with a rubber coating to keep me from nicking myself as I carried them home.  Nice little details.  I like it when a company gives little extras to the customer.  Sort of like Chick fil-A giving me a senior drink for free.  Hey, it costs them only a little, but makes me feel special.  So, let’s apply this to you.  When you meet strangers, do you look them in the eye and say “hello”?  Do you ask the cashier at Walmart how they are doing?  Do you give folk a smile when you pass them in the parking lot?  Jesus would.  Jesus reminded us in Matthew 5:46&47, “For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?”  Be kind to strangers and share the love of Jesus.  Be a witness for Jesus Christ … use words only if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment