Tuesday, October 25, 2022

World Publishing Bible



 

In 1994, I took a group of Americans with me to Romania.  Among them was Dr. Wally Metts, my former pastor.  While I was driving, I noticed that he spent a lot of time reading a paperback Bible.  I asked him about it, and he explained, “I like to pick up a fresh Bible to read through every year and mark new verses that stand out to me.”  I thought it good advice and started doing it myself.  I added a twist.  I used the same formatted copy each time.  I remember that John 3:16 is on the left page, the top of the left column.  Using the same formatted Bible just helps me to remember Scriptures.  But the little World Publisher’s Bible that I have been buying is getting hard to find.  But the last four ones that I have bought online have had an interesting connection: they have all been Oral Roberts University Alumni Foundation graduation gift Bibles.  But interestingly, they don’t have a single mark in them!  What a shame.  Oh, I’m not throwing off on the school; just some of their graduates.  But the good part is that I have picked them up and given them a good home.  I read a Bible and mark it for a year, and then start over with a new one.  A great way to familiarize myself with God and His Word!  David said in Psalm 119:105, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”  God’s Word truly leads me in the right way.  Hey, read it again tomorrow morning.  It’ll do you a world of good.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment