Saturday, October 8, 2022

Man with a Hoodie



Parkside Rehab has been a good facility for my wife. But her room is inside the old Hutcheson hospital in Ft. Oglethorpe, and the rooms are leased by them from CHI Memorial hospital. Most of the rest of the three-story building is unoccupied and is a little eerie. At night no one is around, and I keep looking behind me as I am on my way to the car. There is a little snack shop that is unused in the lobby. On Monday, I saw a guy in a hoodie hunched over, probably scrolling on his cellphone taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi. Tuesday evening, I saw him again, still absorbed in his device. So, when he was there again Wednesday, I got curious and walked over to the snack shop window to investigate. It was not a guy in a hoodie. It was a life-size statue of Joseph in a robe with Mary and the manger nearby. The hospital had stored the holy family in the unused snack shop. Hey, have you ever been mistaken? Have you thought reality was one thing, but later found reality to be another? One thing that you never have to worry about: the truth of the Gospel and the reality of Jesus Christ. If you trust Jesus to take you to heaven when you die, He will do it! Never even give it a second thought. You can trust Jesus! Jesus said in John 10:27-29, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.” Hey, when you close your eyes in death, you will wake up in heaven. You will not be mistaken. You can trust Jesus to do what He said that He will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment