Monday, October 10, 2022

Traffic Jam


 

Tuesday, I went to Dalton GA, about 20 miles south of here, and on my way back, I encountered a traffic jam.  I immediately got out my cell phone (I had put it away while driving like a good boy) and looked to see the problem.  Google informed me that I had gone past the exit before the backup, so I was stuck.  The interstate was three lanes, but the right lane was closed while they worked on the bridge surface, and a truck had crashed into a car in the left lane, so we were down to just one lane in the middle.  Drivers were changing lanes, trying to gain a car-length.  They felt justified to cut into the other lane, but irritated when a driver cut into their lane.  I saw several examples of the nastier side of human nature.  It reminded me of Jeremiah 17:9, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”  Just a little bit of adversity brings out the evil that lurks inside a person’s heart.  Hey, what kind of a driver are you?  Ouch!  And it might be a good idea for you to take off that bumper sticker that says, “Honk if You Love Jesus” … at least until your attitude improves a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment