Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Gum on the Mirror


This afternoon while I was driving, I stopped at a traffic light, rolled down my window, and spit out my gum.  Now before you message me about littering, I was just helping to repave the highway.  The next time you are waiting at a traffic light, look down out of your window and you will see the repaving efforts of some of us.  Anyway, I got my just rewards: my gum landed on my outside rearview mirror.  I licked my finger and thumb, picked off the gum, and flicked it onto the pavement where it should have gone in the first place.  Hey, have you ever made a mess of something like me?  It could have been a much bigger mess, like a divorce or a drug addiction or prison time.  Do you know that the dear Lord still is ready to forgive you?  Yes, He is!  David said in Psalm 103:10-14 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.”  Aren’t those lovely verses?!  Hey, God knows that you have messed up (sinned), but He still loves you!  Why not tell Him you are sorry and let your loving heavenly Father give you a great big spiritual hug?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment