Thursday, October 20, 2022

In the Dark

 


My dear wife got out of rehab five days ago (she said that she was paroled), so she has been sleeping in the recliner in the living room.  Tonight about 10 pm, I turned off the lights, left the TV volume on low, kissed Kathy, and went to bed.  But we had to get up early to go to outpatient physical therapy, so I needed to set the alarm on my phone.  But I couldn’t find my phone … in the dark.  I fumbled around in the dark trying to be quiet but ended up waking her.  She gave me her phone to call my phone, and when my phone rang, it was on the end table barely ten inches away from her phone!  I just couldn’t see my black phone in the dark!  How often do we stumble along in spiritual darkness just not able to find our way.  We just don’t realize that the dear Lord is right there … close by.  We may feel like God is far away, but He isn’t!  That’s just how we feel. Isaiah said in Isaiah 55:6, “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near.”  Isaiah goes on to tell us how we may find the Lord: Isaiah 55:7, “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”  If you want to find God, you can.  He is always ready to hear your cry.  Don’t fumble around in the dark!  Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment