Thursday, October 13, 2022

Mistaken

 


Yesterday I was out in the driveway working on a project when I saw an orange wasp on the pavement.  She was struggling to stay upright, and her proximity made me nervous.  Granny used to tell me that wasps and yellow jackets knew when winter was coming, and their days were numbered.  They would get ill, as anyone nearing the end of life would be.  So, I squished the wasp ending the danger to me and the suffering to her.  Two minutes later, I felt a tickling on my hair, and I slapped my head in the general area several times.  I didn’t want to risk the chance of a wasp sting on my scalp.  But then I detected the tell-tale stench of a stinkbug.  I had smashed a stinkbug, over and over, into my hair!  I had to stop work and go inside to wash my hand and my hair.  Hey, have you ever been mistaken and jumped to an unwarranted conclusion?  You could have misjudged someone’s intentions.  You could have assumed an evil motive when nothing was intended.  Paul reminds us not to judge too quickly because we never have all of the facts.  He said in I Corinthians 4:5, “Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.”  It’s a good idea to be cautious in judging unseen motives.  You can avoid embarrassment, and, like me, avoid smelling bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment