Sunday, November 6, 2022

Dreaming


 

My wife doesn’t like night-time and stays up late at night until she can fall asleep.  But I have an easy time falling asleep at night.  When my head hits the pillow, I am asleep.  My problem is staying asleep.  I wake up after three or four hours of sleep, go to the bathroom, and then I can’t go back to sleep.  I have figure out a way to trick myself back to sleep.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.  If I can remember the dream that I just left when I woke up, I can recall it and get right back into the stream of the dream and fall back to sleep.  But dreams can be crazy to follow because they are not logical.  Last night I dreamed that my wife and I were downtown on a wide, tree-lined boulevard.  I pulled into a parking place, but I didn’t have any change for the parking meter.  So, I got out of the car and went to find change for a dollar.  When I returned, I had a parking ticket on the windshield.  And as I was standing there in frustration, a meter maid came by and gave me another ticket because I still hadn’t put any money in the expired meter.  My frustration with the situation was so great that it was the frustration that had woke me up.  So, how could I get back into that frustrating dream?!  I was just stuck awake.  Hey, God gave interpretation of dreams to Joseph and to Daniel.  Daniel told King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 2:27&28, “… The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days …”  God gave king Nebuchadnezzar the dream and God gave Daniel the interpretation of the dream.  I’m glad that the dear Lord is in charge of everything, including my crazy dreams.  If I could just figure out the interpretation of that cranky meter maid …

No comments:

Post a Comment