Thursday, November 10, 2022

Reality Check


 

I have a dear friend in Wisconsin who went to Romania with us when she was a college student twenty-five years ago!  Now she is married with three beautiful daughters.  I was looking through her pictures on Facebook reminiscing when I came across a photo of the girls dressed for their formal pictures.  The girls looked cute with their friends, but I noticed an unsightly blemish on one of the girl’s arms.  But in the next picture, the same blemish was on another girl’s cheek.  It was then that I noticed that the blemish was actually a spot on my computer screen.  And when I cleaned my computer screen, the girls’ blemishes went away.  How convenient.  Hey, what we think is reality might just be our poor perception of reality.  Paul said in I Corinthians 13:11&12, “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  What we think is reality may not really be real.  And someday soon, if we are born into God’s forever family, we will see things as they really are.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment