Saturday, November 26, 2022

Upside Down



 

When I play Santa, I take a copy of “The Night Before Christmas” with me to read to the children.  They like to have a book read to them especially by Santa.  But last week, I was in Springfield, Tennessee and absentmindedly forgot my book on the table (Santa is old and forgetful).  So, I went on Amazon and found two more copies (Santa is cool and uses Amazon).  One of the books looked in good condition on the outside, but all of the inside pages were printed upside down!  Actually, I think that the outside cover was just glued on upside down.  But, in any case, it would prove to be very confusing for children (and Santa).  Hey, I know some folk who are one way on the outside but upside down on the inside too!  They say one thing, but on the inside, they are hypocrites.  What a shame.  Because the worst person to lie to is yourself.  Hey, be honest with others and be honest with yourself.  When Jesus met the woman from Sychar at the well, she was hiding secret sins.  But Jesus told her in John 4:24, “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”   Jesus reminded her that God saw right through to her heart.  She couldn’t fool God, and you can’t fool God either.  Don’t try to look good on the outside while harboring secret sins on the inside.  And if you are, today would be a good day to come clean with God.  After all, He knows the secrets that you are hiding.  Only God can turn your life around … turn the inside, right side up and make your life brand new!

No comments:

Post a Comment