Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Water


 

Water is a powerful agent of erosion.  Since water always seeks its own level, water is always running downhill taking dissolved soil with it.  Water is known to cut wider and wider gulley’s in freshly plowed fields.  Farmers throw brush, rusted implements, old box springs - you name it into the gulley’s to slow the erosion.  Water sloshes out of a bucket and is easily spilled from a glass.  Jacob said of his oldest son in Genesis 3&4, “Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power: Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel …”  And the reason that Reuben would not excel was that Reuben was an adulterer.  What a disappointment to a father!  Hey, are you rock-solid and trustworthy?  Or are you as unstable as water because of a sinful weakness?  Actually, I shouldn’t ask you; I should ask those who know you best.  Yikes!  Would you be afraid for me to ask someone else about your character?  Then, maybe it’s time to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment